Thursday, May 22, 2008

Rain

It started raining here in the grand valley last night and continues this morning. I took Ozzie out and felt the rain beating lightly on my head and watched it water the roses and was reminded that life each day begins again and choices I make in those new days define my ability to cleanse myself of the old and sometimes painful mistakes I've made. I have a new chance each day to define myself in terms of what is good and right and kind to another human being, or I can choose to be selfish, self-centered and full of contempt for the minor things my fellow man does. The Earth is a forgiving place. Man does many things to try to destroy it, yet it recovers, keeps spinning on its axis and redefines itself. Each day it chooses what is good and what is right, as simple as watering the roses in front of my house.

No comments: