Monday, June 16, 2008

The Power of Laughter

The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter. - Mark Twain

I have a friend that sends me good quotes. I like that one. I've learned to really accept my humanity and therefore, sometimes stupidity, and learned to laugh about it all. I was the girl to beat the crap out of myself mentally for days, months, years for the slightest misstep. Life is much easier if I cut myself some slack. I've decided that looking at any situation and responding appropriately is a learned skill. I'm a little slower than most, but am learning as I go. One of the great tools that has helped me are pets. I love having them around. They teach me so much about fucking up and moving on. Especially my cat. She's not the most graceful of kitties that I've ever met, but she doesn't pound herself into the ground emotionally over it. Callie, my new puppy, has been an absolute God send in the area of laughter. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is new to her. And she grabs the exploration of life with total zeal! Nothing stops her, nothing frightens her, and absolutely everything has some remote value as a play toy! Laughter is a great tool and effective weapon to anything that may get us down, especially if we are being too hard on ourselves.

No comments: