Monday, June 30, 2008

Writing Challenge end date

I didn't complete my writing challenge. No big surprise to me. I worked on it, I learned a lot, but ultimately ended up hating the story. So, it will never see the light of day, but will be filed away as valuable lessons that I can take to my next writing project. And yes, the good news is there is another writing project in the works. Slow and steady wins the race, persistence is the key, and for me, planning it in just enough detail to move it forward. I am pleased that I did the exercise I did, I am pleased that I am willing to move on to a new project undaunted. I am pleased I have a writing buddy to encourage me and push me. I may never be published, but I know the pleasure that writing brings me, how it grounds me and centers me; a sort of meditation. I know what I need to do to make writing sessions productive and that there is not a huge amount of time required each day to make it happen.

No comments: