Sunday, July 20, 2008

Yesteday

My aunt and uncle are in town for a couple of days and yesterday, we girls went for a walk on the Colorado River Trail with Callie. This time when she swam, she went a little further out and retrieved her stick no less than 10 times. I'm so proud of my little girl. She's got the retriever gene dominant in her make up. She may have some Pit in her, but her lab gene is raging to the surface. We had a fun walk, but it was at least 100 degrees out there. Callie couldn't walk along some of the paved trail because it hurt her little paws. Luckily, she's little enough for me to carry still. Then back to Mom and Dad's for a great dinner.

I saw a bumper sticker on a truck (no doubtedly belonging to a man) when we were on our rounds that made me laugh. My ex can use this mantra: "It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a psycho the rest of your life."

No comments: