Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Blog Surfing

I stole this picture from another blog. I hope the blog author doesn't mind...I just love pigs! I have become quite the blog surfer. It has been interesting to click on my blog and then go see what else is out there. It's very easy to do, and I like seeing what people are up to in this world. It has become my morning thing. Wake up, have coffee, write, go to a meeting, walk Callie, have breakfast, and while having breakfast I surf. I do read the news, but find it depressing and boring at the same time. Blogs are interesting. There are some impressive writers out there. Much better than I can ever hope to be.

I remember a woman from Google did an interview somewhere and said that blogging is a great way to keep up with family and friends. That is true for me. I see Scott and Mick everyday, but they don't get to see Callie all the time. My blog is a great way to keep them up to date on her progress, especially since they so graciously let me adopt her. Scott said he's finding creating his own blog pretty fun. My friend Suzy in Michigan follows my blog and I follow both of hers. I am interested in the studies she is doing on herbalism and raw foods. I don't know if I'll ever jump into the raw food pool, but it may become more integrated in my diet as I continue to get more healthy and learn more about diet in helping me stay sober. There is also a blog I found the other day called "The Inner Text". Who ever this person is, they are a truly gifted writer and very provocative. I will continue to follow that one. I like reading about other people's lives. There are several I read who are documenting their journey through sobriety, as well as other opportunities for growth and learning. Not to sound like a voyeur, because I'm not, but in this chaotic, financially troubled world, I like to hear about normal people, read about the events that shape their lives, learn what interests them, and expand my world in my own little way. I have a lot of contact with people when I'm at work, but there are very few of them that I am able to get to know on an intimate basis. Those that I do know well are so valuable to me on so many levels. I guess as an aspiring wannabe writer I wonder what makes people tick, what they think, if they think, and what is their motivation in this life.

No comments: