Thursday, October 9, 2008

Emerson Park

Grand Junction Police are investigating the death of a woman in her 30s who was found on a bench in Emerson Park at about 5 a.m. this morning.

Police were notified of the woman’s body after someone at the park flagged down a Mesa County Sheriff’s deputy passing by in a vehicle, according to the Grand Junction Police Department.

Investigators so far have not found any evidence of foul play, police said.

The woman’s identity will be released after an investigation by the Mesa County Coroner’s Office.

Emerson Park is "the" hangout for alcoholics and drug addicts. I helped a friend fill out paperwork to divorce her addict husband...word is he's spending his days in this park.

All I can say is that I am completely grateful to the people who brought me back from the hopeless abyss of addiction. This could have been me.

No comments: