Monday, January 19, 2009

A break in the weather...Finally!



Callie and I finally got to hike in Devil's Canyon again after weeks of not going because of the record cold temperatures. The picture on the left is what it looked like. Not a great picture. We had to wait for the afternoon to be warm enough to go, so the picture is taken into the sun, but you get the drift. It was a really nice day. Grand Central Station for dogs. Lots of dogs, big ones, little ones, fat ones, skinny ones, all happy to see each other. Callie was beside herself, almost literally. It felt good for me to get out and move in nature. I find it very centering. And when I had something as upsetting as what happened a couple of weeks ago, I need it. It allows me to let it all go and move on again. Being out there with her is just fun, all an adventure, new and different every time.

No comments: