Tuesday, March 31, 2009

How's this for a grandiose thought...

I've ordered some things from Hazeldon for our group. As we start discussing new topics or working new study programs, Hazeldon seems to have the most comprehensive study guides to help us. As a result I have received some emails regarding becoming an addiction counselor. It somewhat appeals to me as a choice of profession because it is one way to give back what was given to me. However, I'm still an alcoholic with an alcoholic mind, whether I'm drinking or not, and therefore prone to grandiose thoughts that I am able to keep in check today because I am sober. Thank you God.

So here's the latest grandiose thought: Study to become an addiction counselor, get certified and go to work for Crossroads Center in Antigua (Eric Clapton's recovery clinic), write my books on the beach in my spare time, and give back to the world what I received.

Who knows what grandiose thought may become a goal that is possible to achieve because through the grace of Good Orderly Direction, my group, and my support system, I am sober again today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is an excellent idea for you to leverage your experience as an addict into a profession. Nothing grandiose about that...Just a good idea.

Anonymous said...

Oh I get the grandiose part....Antigua is or is around the Cayman Islands....do u think I could get a job teaching math there?