Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Phony illness

Something popped into my head while I'm sitting here sick and feeling sorry for myself. This has gone on for a couple of weeks and I'm on Amoxicillin to kill the sinus infection I have, which has left me exhausted. I was thinking about when I was little and didn't want to go to school just because...A friend told me to take the thermometer and stick it under a light to heat it up and then put it under my tongue and I would have a temperature so Mom would have to let me stay home. I put the thermometer under the light and broke the mercury all over my bed...so I got up and went to school...sometimes I wish I were still faking being sick so I could have a day off to do something fun...instead of really being sick and stuck in the house with nothing to do but feel sorry for myself!

No comments: