Sunday, May 3, 2009

Recession

I just read on article on Yahoo! about how people spend their days during this recession. It is scary. I see customers at the store looking at prices more closely and passing up higher priced items that they used to buy without a blink. The oil and gas companies have laid off, many companies aren't cutting back, but they aren't hiring either. I know that I am a little nervous. I have some built in protections against the worst of the worst, but the worst of the worst can happen and then what? I've often thought that if I lost my job, I'd put everything in storage and pack up the dog and cat and do some traveling. I still think that. Rather than panic, if there is some money around, why not take some time and see what I've been missing while working my butt off? I think it's a great idea. I'm not trying to put it out into the universe, because often if I wish for something to happen, it does. However, I have learned in my sobriety to keep something tucked away and take advantages of opportunities that present themselves.

No comments: