Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Ribbon

I have had an intensely lazy day today. The first in several months that I can remember. Chaos entered my life a few months ago...sadly, at my invitation. It had to be evicted, and it has been painful, but I believe very necessary to my well-being. It has been incredibly refreshing to have a day like today, with no worries of the past, and looking forward to a better future. I started the day with a meeting, then snagged my friend Dana and we wandered up to Bang's Canyon for a hike on what is known as the Ribbon trail. I forgot the camera in the car, so I don't have any pictures of the insane beauty of that hike. We will be going again, and I will be sure to take my camera on that round. At the top of the hike there is a ginormous rock formation that looks from a distance like a wine glass. The trail goes right through the middle of the rock. I was amazed! We got out onto it and it is so big, you can't see from one end to the other or from one side to the other. Amazing! And the views...indescribable. I will say that you can see the entire Grand Valley from Delta to Mack and the mountains and Book cliffs behind them. All of this fifteen minutes from my house!

After we got done with the hike, Callie and I came home and she had a bath and then I sat down to read. I read all day long. I haven't done that in...I really don't know how long. I moved around, from the front yard to the back yard, to my bed, to my chair. I can't believe how great that was! On a Wednesday...when everyone else is working! I will pay for it. I have to go back to work tomorrow and I work seven days straight before I get another day off. It will be worth it. I'll be going to Gunnison then. Another beautiful day in Colorado!

No comments: