Sunday, August 2, 2009

School Supply Season

My favorite time of year. I'm easing back on the purchase of school supplies this year. I have plenty of supplies to move forward with my current writing projects, but there is something about freshly sharpened pencils, new model pens and fresh highlighters in millions of colors that gets my blood pumping! At work, we have to begin to work around school schedules and two of the other managers were quite frustrated about it yesterday. I pointed out that at least we have kids working for us who have goals and are in school, rather than drop-outs with no ambition but to find an employer to take advantage of and abuse, and then quit and end up on welfare for the rest of their natural lives. I may join some of them in school again in the spring...hopefully.

No comments: