Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cybercriminals are targeting Facebook and e-mail users by pretending they are friends or relatives in desperate need of money. And they're doing it by tricking people into unwittingly revealing their e-mail logins and passwords. NBC’s Jeff Rossen investigates.

I didn't have this happen to me yet, but I did have someone send an email saying they wanted to add me as a friend. I didn't recognize the name and didn't respond. Lucky for me, I know who my friends are. If on Facebook, you can reject a request to from someone to be added as a friend. I've been finding it a great way to keep in touch with several people, many of whom I haven't seen in years! One, Dominic, who I've been pen pals with for almost 15 years, and have never met! I swear I'm going to London someday before we both keel...

No comments: