Friday, July 3, 2009

Rough Canyon

In our constant meandering, Callie and I headed to Bangs Canyon again today and tried the Rough Canyon trail. Very quickly we discovered it is appropriately named. I explored for a while, but think I'll wait to explore further until I have another human companion with me who can dial a phone if we get in trouble. It was beautiful. There is no end to the beauty in that area. I love it more and more every time I go and see something new. I put new batteries in my camera and got some pretty decent pictures. Callie observing her kingdom is my favorite. It's really hard to get pictures of her because she moves so fast and so often. I frequently show pictures to my friends and say, "Callie was just in that spot when I took the picture!" She is a fun hiking buddy and seems to be thrilled every time we go someplace new. The wind was rustling the leaves a little today and she didn't quite know what to make of the noise, so she hid behind me now and then, and then when I determined all was well, she bounded off to check out the road ahead.








Queen Callie observing her kingdom.







The trail mostly winds through a dry river bed. There was occasional water for cooling off as we pondered the trail ahead.





I liked that rock to the left. It was near the trail head.






An overlook of Bangs Canyon from the road. I think it is simply spectacular.






























No comments: