Thursday, August 14, 2008

Decompression



As I was tooling around town this morning doing my morning stuff I was looking around the valley and appreciating how easy my life has become. I work in the afternoon so I have all morning to do what I want. I wear jeans to work, I always wanted a job I could do that. I make an okay living for living in this town. I am surrounded by people I like and I trust and I care about. I am also surrounded by incredible beauty 24 7. Everywhere I turn around there is a terrific view, even in my own front yard. Life here is just constant decompression. No real stress, no real rush to get anything done.

When I was a kid we came to Grand Junction a lot for holidays, etc. I remember I hated coming here because my Grandma drove me crazy (oddly enough, she is the one person who reached out a hand when I couldn't get sober and really needed help), but I loved coming here because there is something that happens when a person enters the Grand Valley. I don't know what it is, but it's a feeling. Just an, "AAAHHH!" At least for me. My whole body relaxes, my mind tunes into to the here and now instead of the future. I don't feel rushed, I don't feel hassled, I don't feel tense. I just am. I feel extremely blessed to have landed on my feet here. My life is so easy! The universe pushed me in this direction and I didn't fight it, now I know why. This is how life should be.

No comments: