Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Stick Collector

A couple of months ago I picked up a book someone left in the breakroom at work called "The Bone Collector". It's an older book...published in 1999, I think...by Jeffrey Deaver, a well-known Houston author. It was well written, psychologically thrilling, and I had to sleep with the lights on for a couple of nights :-). I enjoyed the book and as I wander through my days, I try to observe life through the writer's eye. I'm trying to come up with new ideas all the time, and mostly they throw themselves at my feet, I trip over them and then forget all about them. The other day I was sitting at my computer working away on the latest Great American Novel (even though I am not, and likely will never be published) and I heard a noise behind me. It chilled me a bit and sent me back to one of the scenes in "The Bone Collector". Keep your eyes open for this in your house, it tends to feed on itself and works hard to grow it's "collection".




No comments: